Multicultural Grant Program
The Multicultural Grant Program offers opportunities to promote multicultural events that celebrate our many unique cultural assets that bring visitors to the state.
- The Department provides $50,000 for multicultural grants each biennium.
- This is a reimbursement grant for promotional costs associated with unique Hispanic, Asian and African American events to inform and educate visitors.
- Maximum of $10,000 per fiscal year
- Applicant must match grant funding dollar-to-dollar for eligible promotional costs.
- Funding is available for 2 years for new events (does not need to be consecutive) or 2 consecutive years for existing events.
- Generates visitor spending by celebrating a unique cultural aspect of
- Organizations or events that are currently funded through statutorily required expenditures (earmarks) are not eligible for funding.
- Organizations requesting funding from the multicultural grant fund are not eligible for funding from the Joint Effort Marketing (JEM) Grant Program for the same event, during the same fiscal year.
Please see Multicultural Grant Guidelines document for complete grant requirements.
Apply for a Multicultural grant
Application Download (Word Doc)
Applications should include:
- Name of Wisconsin organization
- Federal Employer Identification number
- Legal address and contact information for organization
- Name of event, location, dates and website
- Overview of event
- Marketing plan for event (including target market)
- Second year applications must build off of previous year experience
- Dollar amount requested for event
- Promotional budget for event
- Possible earned media/other leverage
- Estimated economic impact
- Plan for measuring economic impact
Evaluations are expected following the event and must be submitted before final 10% of reimbursement will be released. Evaluations should include:
- Summary of event
- Dollar amount of economic impact and how this was measured
- Report on earned media for event
- Paid receipts for promotional costs for reimbursement
- Income and expense statement
Multicultural Grant Deadlines
The next Multicultural Grant deadline is May 1st, 2017.
Applications must also be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first day of advertising that will be paid using the grant funds; for example, if your first grant funded ad runs on September 1, your application should be submitted by June 1.